Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mixed Creation

I've been tinkering around awhile with the idea of something made with both knit and crochet.  I was finally able to come to an agreement that I just needed to start it and then make up my mind while doing it as usuall. I started a regular glove ( I lost my last fall gloves and wanted some with the same brown/orange and green color scheme) with brownKnit & Crochet Combined: Best of Both Worlds 2/2 rib knit with some larger needles ( my smaller ones were still engaged in the end of my last project!) , size 9, and made it the regular 13 rows of 32 sts and bound it off in rib.  I then sewed the seams together and started to crochet the row I casted on with orange yarn.  Of course by the time I finished the glove, I had definitely done my share of ripping rows and changing patterns and colors but was satisfied with the resulting project!  Now to finish the other one!

If you are interested in this kind of art, you can find a book like this one on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment