Saturday, August 14, 2010

Learning to knit (or improving your knitting skills)

For years I tried to learn to knit from a book with no luck.  I finally wised up and used the internet tool YouTube.  What a great tool to have for anyone wanting to learn practically anything!  I was soon casting on and knitting and purling all day!  Although YouTube was great for the minor things, I soon realized that searching all the listings for specific knowledge was not so fast.  I started looking out for instructional manuals and recently hit on an outstanding book called "Teach Yourself Visually Knitting" !  From this book, I have added the following skills: knitting in the round, cabling, how to pick up dropped stitches, how to increase and decrease stitches in almost any situation,how to unravel,etc..  In addition to being the best how-to book I have seen (and now happily own : ) ), it was the best $25.00 I have spent so far on crafting!  Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!  You can find it online at Amazon with the link to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment