Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alpaca wool mix fingerless glove

I really love this new charcoal alpaca wool blend!  This is the first time though that I have experimented with cables and it was surprisingly simple.  I made these flat as I didn't feel like messing around with 4 needles yesterday : P   I realized halfway through that they would probably be a little tighter with the cable and being made from a wool blend.  However, they didn't turn out too tight.  My 12 year old is wearing the one in this photo and still has circulation..lol...   I came up with the idea for the stripes after seeing some leftover scraps from other projects I have worked on recently lying in a pile on the floor by the yarn basket.  I really like the stripes best on the back without the cabling, though.  The top by the fingers is just rolled but was a little tighter around the thumb and stayed put.  Whatever happens, someone's hands will be Very warm this fall and winter!   If you are thinking of trying out cables for the first time,  Amazon has a few books on the subject---

No comments:

Post a Comment